Knife of Dreams
Nombre total de votes : 2 (1%)
The Gathering Storm
Nombre total de votes : 10 (6%)
Towers of Midnight (Aucun vote)
A Memory of Light
Nombre total de votes : 5 (3%)
Nombre total de votes : 165

Le type qui fait des sauts périlleux, il ressemble à un guerrier du Malkier, non ? (d'après la couverture de "The Eye of The World") Sinon, c'est "impressive" ! :)

Ah, je... Ah, ah, ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Combien de temps ça doit durer ? C'est un court, ou soyons fous, un long métrage ? C'est qui le gars qui fait des sauts périlleux ? WoT rules ! :)

[From sonicfoundry.com] Take a New York Times best-selling author, two guys with interests in music and animation, and copies of ACID, Sound Forge, and Vegas, and what do you get? Incredible independent filmmaking. When you read stories about how digital technology is changing entertainment, this is the stuff they're writing about. Inspired by Robert Jordan's series of the same name, the "Wheel of Time°" animated short is the work of Dan Parsons, Composer, Arranger, and Sound Designer, and Alex Lawrence, 3D Modeler and Animator. Dan has been composing for multimedia studios, independent film makers, and various other contracts since 1997. Some of his credits include the score for "El Maya," a feature-length independent film; Comdex tradeshow music for AMD's K6-3D chip; "Beyond Eden," a studio film, and more. Alex is currently a student at Texas A&M University studying computer science. Alex's credits include developing a multi-media yearbook for his high school, and numerous digital spoofs of commercials. Dan met Alex in 1998 when Alex started taking music composition lessons from him. Their partnership grew from there. While they haven't formed a business partnership yet, they intend to make Lawrence/Parsons Productions a viable enterprise in the near future. And, judging from the quality of their work to date, that future won't be far off. The "Wheel of Time" short is slated to be complete by late Summer 2001. Dan and Alex plan to shop it around then. They'll start with digital distributors such as ifilm.com and atomfilms.com, but also plan to take the film offline to digital and other film festivals. Coming from an analog background, digital technology was something new to Dan. But after trying Sonic Foundry software, Dan hasn't turned back. Dan uses Sound Forge, ACID, and Vegas to score their animations; Sound Forge for capturing audio, editing, cleaning, sweetening, and creating loops for ACID; ACID for composing and arranging; and Vegas for mixing and synchronizing audio to video. Dan especially likes the way the products work together. "I like the fact that between the three programs I use," Dan writes, "Forge, ACID, and Vegas, I can complete a composing, arranging, and/or sound design project from start to finish." Here's the story on how Sonic Foundry products helped Dan and Alex make the "Wheel of Time:" "I created and edited all the sound effects for the trailer using Sound Forge," writes Dan. "This included getting rid of noise and sweetening some of the effects as necessary. For the music - this is the interesting part. I used to be a sequencer and used my synthesizer only. After I discovered ACID, I realized that if I created loops of the "building block tracks" of my compositions I wouldn't be stuck with having to lug my board with me when I needed to create something... I could just burn a disk of my loops. So that is what I did for this project. The music for the trailer was actually composed and recorded about eight months before the trailer was finished. I composed most of the music (string beds, ambient sounds) on my synthesizer and then created loops from all the tracks using Sound Forge (some of the loops used in the trailer were actually free loops from www.sonicfoundry.com or the 8-Packs from ACIDPlanet.com). When the scenes were finally cut for the trailer, it only took me a day and a half to sync all the music and effects to the video. I absolutely could not have done this without Vegas. When I use Vegas to sync audio to video I like to divide my audio into three sections: voice, music, and sfx/foley. Though I end up using many more than three tracks for the audio, it helps to work this way so I can balance the most important part at any given time. My favorite feature of Vegas is the envelop feature... this feature is crucial to balancing/fading and adding right/left realism in a stereo mix." When finished, Dan and Alex expect the full "Wheels of Time" short to run eight to ten minutes long. Next on their schedule: a 3D animation based on the events and characters surrounding the writing of the "Star-Spangled Banner." Check back often for updates on the "Wheels of Time," and Dan and Alex's adventures as they market the film. ° The phrase "Wheel of Time™," as well as all characters, associated elements, logos, and other licensed works based upon it are trademarks of Robert Jordan. This animated trailer is in no way officially associated with or representative of the "Wheel of Time," and no claim of ownership nor reassignment of Robert Jordan's or Tor's copyright and copyright material to any other parties Is intended or inferred by the creators of this animation.

C'est possible. Mais je n'ai jamais vu Lan faire des sauts périlleux moi, ou alors j'ai sauté des paragraphes entiers ! Remarquez... C'est pas l'envie qui m'en manque parfois... :P

Hum, la Malkier n'est-elle pas la nation dont est originaire Lan ? En fait,le guerrier qui exécute l'acrobatie me fait beaucoup penser au lige de Moiraine...à tort peut-être :)

J'ai trouvé un portrait de groupe beaucoup moins flambant que ce qu'on a pu en dire, comme quoi, moi-même, Demandred, je sais pratiquer l'auto-dérision ! ;) Les Forsaken sont une bande de guignols surfaits. Deux abrutis qui se font griller ou écrabouiller par un arbre (Ha, ha Rand Al'Thor, tu es foutu je suis Aginor et lui c'est Balthamel. Treeeemble devant notre puissance. Arrrgh, Rodrigo Tortilla tu m'as tué). Un type à cheveux blancs qui se la joue bretteur et qui se prend un coup de bazooka dans la gueule (Ah non, là tu triches mademoiselle, on a pas droit au Balefire). Notez d'ailleurs en passant que dans le même genre de situation, Rand n'a aucune problème à balancer son contre kamehameha. Un dérangé du bulbe qui termine avec trou dans le ventre (ben oui en général au bras de fer c'est le plus fort qui gagne). Un as de la séduction qui se prend encore un coup de laser dans la poire (vas-y, come on, tu peux pas me toucher hahaha, arrrrgh diantre tu m'as eu). Un gleeman à la mort-moi-le-noeud qui attend le tout dernier moment pour récupérer son super sa'angreal alors qu'il pouvait le faire depuis le début. Une super Lanfear sous vitaminé qui se fait bêtement pousser dans un trou. Da master du monde des rêves que tu vois Lanfear à côé c'est une daube, mais bon là tu m'a eu sournoisement because je regardais pas et en plus je savais même pas que ça existais les adam même si j'en cherche un pour les mâles. Un génial stratège qui tombe dans son propre piège (en plus se faire bouffer par un bout de brouillard, c'est nase). Le retour de l'abruti du début qui crève tout pareil ou presque. Enfin bref, tout ça pour dire que les Forsaken, à part la puissance brute (hors Nynaeve et Rand, personne ne fait le poids à un contre un) ils montrent pas grand-chose comme connaissances de la mort qui tue. Alors forcément quand en face ils sont 2647894 contre environ 7, ça fait mal.

C'est assez bien vu. ;) Et ça permettra au moins de décomplexer peut-être les Nazgûls en tant que serviteurs du mal les plus bêtes ! :D Et pour s'amuser, un test de personnalité : wotmania.com/personalitytest.asp " After some serious number crunching, the personality test determined that you are most like Berelain. " :eek

En choisissant anyone : After some serious number crunching, the personality test determined that you are most like Egwene. :eek :P et pour un homme je tombe sur Logain

Tiens, moi aussi je tombe sur Logain Ablar. Pas mal, c'est l'un des personnages qui m'insupportent le moins, j'ai de la chance. :) Par contre, Zébulon, Egwene, mdr ! ;)

Très intéressante, cette interview. Malheureusement, il faut croire qu'on ne verra pas le résultat de leurs efforts avant un bon moment s'il faut compter sur encore plus d'un an !

Interview du mec chef de projet chez Dragonmount, pour leur propre projet de court-métrage, celui qui doit reprendre le prologue. When did you first have the idea to create a movie based on WoT? Well, originally, back in early 1999, I was tossing around the idea of doing a WoT music video of some sort that would combine many characters, and many scenes from the books. As I thought about it more, I decided that it might be easiest on us if we limited the number of characters, the number of sets, and did a more dramatic scene from the books. Once we decided on the chapter to use, we got going on it. By that time, it was early 2000. Did you have a difficult time deciding what scene you wanted to make into a movie? Not really. This chapter is the logical beginning, and it has a direct tie-in to the name of our website. In addition, it's a powerful, dramatic piece that focuses on just a few characters and locations. So really, it was the perfect place for us to look to. What was your biggest fear when you were first getting started with the movie? What's your biggest fear now? My biggest fear when I first started was that I wouldn't get the support needed to make such a big production. I am going for something really amazing, and I knew I would need lots of talented people to help me pull it off. I'm very fortunate to have had such a huge turn out of volunteers though! My biggest fear now is that people won't like the finished movie. I'm doing this mostly for fans of The Wheel of Time, and I hope that we don't disappoint anybody. What has been the most exciting aspect of working on the WoT movie? I think the most exciting thing about it is knowing that we're the first group ever to do a movie directly based on Jordan's work. There have been lots of little WoT animations, and a few "trailers", but this is the first time that there's been an attempt to make a movie with actual dialogue and scenes from the books. Then of course, to top it off, Robert Jordan himself is helping by providing feedback, some insight into the characters and the Age of Legends. To me, it couldn't get any better. When do you expect to finish the movie? What are the most likely causes for delays, should they occur? I truly do not know when it will be done. A year ago I was saying it would be a year and a half. Now I think it may be a year. I just don't know for sure. The biggest delays have been, and will continue to be, the fact that everyone on the production team has either a full time job, or school, or family that comes first. We are not being paid for this, and so most of us work in the evenings when there's time. Sometimes we'll have a week where we get hyped and do a ton of work. Some weeks nothing happens at all. We all want to do it as quickly as possible, but sometimes real life prevents that. Is it difficult organizing a team that is spread all over the world on a project like this? Surprisingly, no. I was really worried about that at the beginning, but things have worked out fine so far. Mailings lists, FTP servers, message boards, and a few road trips are all wonderful things that really help out. At this point I am pretty aware of each person's daily schedule and availability, so I can plan a schedule around that. If this movie goes over well, do you think you would consider creating another short WoT movie? Every time I'm asked that I shudder. LOL. Joe (Trimarchi) and a few other crew members keep saying they want to do "New Spring", but my head spins every time I re-read that story and see the number of characters, sets, and events that go on there. That could very easily turn into a full length feature. A LONG one too! So I think for now I'll deal with what's on my plate, and see what sort of opportunities show up next. If WoT is ever made into a full length feature film or miniseries, do you think it should be an animated film or feature live actors? Why? I think it should be live action. If I had a real budget and a crew that was more local, I would have done this project as a live action film. But due to the fact that we have no money for this, and that we're scattered across the world, animation was the next best choice. The reason I think live action would be better suited for this is because Jordan's characters are all very familiar to us. Everyone who has read these books "knows somebody" just like Mat, or had a mother just like Egwene's mom. One way or another, we're familiar with the faces in the series, and even with the land itself. By doing live action, it's easier for the audience to relate to the people on the screen. Even with animation as realistic as "Final Fantasy", a live actor feels more familiar to a viewer. Having said that though, I do think that an animated wot film or miniseries would be alright as long as it had the right "feel" to it. The story and characters would have to be the focus, not the animation or effects.